LITTLE LEADERS PROGRAM
The Little Leaders Program is designed for children ages 3 & 4. We provide a safe, creative, and engaging program where your child can learn and play! Hands-on learning is encouraged through the art of play and includes a variety of styles to accommodate many different learning types.
BEFORE/AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM
The Before/After School Program provides care to children ages 5-12. We offer:
- Activities and learning opportunities for all developmental stages
- Qualified providers who complete 40 professional development training hours per year
- Healthy, nutritious snacks
- Indoor and outdoor playtime
- Safe sleep environment
- CPR & First Aid Certified Staff
- High staff: child ratio
- We participate in the 5210 Let’sGo! Nutrition Program, https://www.mainehealth.org/Lets-Go
- Both Winslow and Vassalboro have been gold-star winning locations for the past three years running
5210 Let’s Go! Out of School Time Program and Commitment
5210 is a program of The Kids CO-OP at the Barbara Bush Children’s Hospital at Maine Medical Center. This program uses a multi-sector approach to reach youth and families where they live, study, work, and play to reinforce the importance of healthy eating and active living. The program is based on the premise that if families are exposed to health promotion messages through several settings, and if those settings have policies and environments that support healthy choices, they will be more likely to adopt or maintain the behaviors in their daily lives. The program includes the core principles of environmental & Policy Change Influences Behavior Change, Interconnectivity Across Sectors is Essential and the strategies are Evidence-Based & Continuously Evaluated
- The Neighborhood believes that all children deserve the opportunity to be healthy and successful. Healthy eating and physical activity are essential for proper development and help improve concentration; memory and mood and help children become better learners. Our program participates in Let’s Go!5-2-1-0 Out of School Time, a community program that helps us make our program a healthier place for children.
- If you would like more information about Let’s Go! visit www.letsgo.org. Thanks for your help in promoting a healthier environment for our children.